Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day trip to the city!

One of the benefits to living in Woodstock is that I'm only about 2 hours from the city, and it's an easy trip to the city from Poughkeepsie to Grand Central Station. Chelsea, Nikki and I went down for the day...

Above is Nikki and Chelsea, we're on the train heading to the city.

George Washington Bridge!

View from second floor down to the sculpture court at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This was an art filled day from a Francis Bacon Retrospective, Model as Muse--an exhibition about fashion photographer's such as; Irving Penn, Richard Avedon, Juergen Teller and Steven Meisel, to an exhibition on "The Picture Generation" which included works by Barbara Kruger, and Cindy Sherman.


After hours of looking at art and wandering around the city, we decided to stop into this cute little diner, and have a snack and an afternoon coffee!
(From Left: Chelsea, Nikki and Jessica)
I wish I had taken a picture of our waitress, she was lovely and reminded me of Joni Mitchell for some reason?!

This sign was too funny NOT to take a picture of...I believe this will go into my "Only in New York City" file...

Ending the evening with a delicious Mexican Dinner in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, and then back on the train to Poughkeepsie, all in all a great day in the city!!

1 comment: